Increasing body weight is indeed a matter of concern as it might affect your health and wellbeing. Do you want to lose some pounds and get back to your ideal body weight? Great! We know you've come to learn about natural fat burners, the truth about them, and their effectiveness in real life. So, let us not waste any more time!
The secret to weight loss
Let’s first see what is the basic principle for losing weight. It's simple, go "calorie deficit". Yup, limiting the intake of calories in your diet is the perfect way to reduce body fat. What exactly is a “calorie deficit”? Got you! Every person has an ideal amount of calories that he or she should consume for a proper balance of nutrition and metabolism. This depends on several factors but mainly on your height and weight for your age.
If you have some extra pounds, you should probably reduce the number of calories that you consume. In this way, your body would lack calories for producing energy and will turn to the stored fat depots to produce energy. As a result, your body fat percentage would decrease. When combined with adequate exercise, this is the key to getting fit.
Now, you might be wondering – what role do natural fat burners play in losing weight? That’s where you need to understand a bit more about our metabolism. Read on.
How do natural fat burners act?
Our body gets energy from three major macronutrients carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, with carbohydrates and fats being the predominant sources. So, in other words, all these provide calories to our bodies. Both carbohydrates and proteins get converted into fat and get stored in adipose tissues (tissues beneath the skin and around organs where fats are stored) when present in excess. Thus, consumption of excess calories would result in increased fat storage in adipose tissues making them grow in size.
When these excess fats are mobilized from their storage site and used for metabolism, this causes fat loss. Reducing the absorption of fat from the diet can also result in fat loss. And this is exactly what the natural fat burners do. Yup! They hike up the fat metabolism, empty the fat depots, prevent the fat depots from growing, increase fat oxidation during exercise, and sometimes they also hinder the absorption of fats. One point to be noted here is that natural fat burners are only effective if you are on a calorie deficit diet.
Consuming natural fat burners but with loads of calories wouldn’t help. But going calorie deficit combined with natural fat burners might do wonders. However, cutting down calories has to be gradual because a sudden, sharp decrease in calories might do more harm than good. It’s always better to take expert advice for weight loss. Now, let's have a look at some natural fat-burning foods and supplements.
4 effective natural fat burning food groups
Vegetables have low calories but are high in vitamins and minerals. Vegetables like broccoli, spinach, artichoke, peas, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumber, beets, onions, garlic, and carrots are very beneficial for healthy weight loss. Each of them has its own set of powerful nutrients which through various unique pathways, burn the fat. Moreover, their content of soluble fibers, which in the gut, absorb water and forms a viscous gel-like substance that hinders the absorption of fats and sugars.
While fruits are a storehouse of nutrients, not all fruits have great fat-burning abilities. Low-glycemic fruits like lemons, limes, oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, grapes, cherries, and kiwifruits are some of the best picks due to their jam-packed vitamin C content which can dilute fats. Berries and apples rich in pectin help to reduce fat absorption. The high vitamin B content in fruits helps to pace up metabolism.
3. Grains and pulses
These are rich in dietary fibers and help to feel fuller for a long time. Grains like oats have beta-glucans which help to reduce cholesterol and fat absorption. The zinc and copper present in legumes enhances thyroid function and thereby boost metabolism. Moreover, these are rich in protein and dietary fibers when eaten whole, which is another reason for their fat loss abilities.
4. Thermogenic foods
Thermogenic foods are heat-producing foods owing to the presence of certain substances in them. Chili peppers have capsaicin, black peppers have piperine, turmeric has curcumin, green tea has polyphenols and coconut oil has medium-chain fatty acids all of which are thermogenic and increase fat metabolism. Besides these, all protein-rich foods have thermogenic effects.
Also Read: Tips to Boost Your Metabolism
5 Popular natural fat burning supplements
- Caffeine – Caffeine has the power to improve the pace at which calories are metabolized. It enhances the release of stored fats too. Being an energy enhancer, it helps to break down fat for energy production. This is well proven and there are several studies published out there. You can take it in its natural form by sipping a cup of strong coffee.
- Green tea extracts – Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) present in green tea increases the amount of norepinephrine in the body which aids in weight loss. The caffeine and polyphenols in it have a thermogenic effect which contributes to fat loss. Its weight loss effects are scientifically well validated. TURNER Natural Weight-Loss has green tea extract which very safe and effective way of losing weight.
- Protein supplements – Protein powders like whey and casein can build muscles along with enhancement of fat loss. It boosts up your metabolism and also gives you the feeling of satiety for a longer period. Numerous scientific studies are proving the same.
- Chitosan – It is derived from the shells of shellfish and has the ability to form a gel in your gut. This gel is claimed to have the ability to trap fats in it, thus preventing fat absorption. There aren’t many human trials to show its true potential yet.
- Yohimbine – It is an active ingredient in the bark of the Pausinystalia yohimbe tree, which is native to Central and Western Africa. It can elevate the levels of adrenaline in our body which in turn has fat metabolism-boosting effects. However, there need to be more high-quality studies to further support it. Also, constantly elevated adrenaline levels might cause health issues in the long run.
- There are few other supplements like L-carnitine, pyruvate, raspberry ketones, and conjugated linoleic acid that are well known in the market as fat loss supplements. But, the truth is, not all the hyped products are scientifically proven to be effective. These all seem to have very minimal benefits and can't be recommended enough.
How much weight reduction to expect?
Now, this is something which cannot be answered with accuracy but you will surely start losing weight if you have a healthy diet, proper exercise combined with fat burners. Each individual will have their own unique pace but mostly you can expect 0.5-1.5 kilograms of weight loss per week, which is a healthy pace for losing weight.
There we are! As the bottom line, let’s understand that weight loss occurs only when the calories are cut down and proper exercise is done. There are no magic pills or supplements that can do this for you but some natural fat burners do help to speed up the process. Some doubts popped up? Comment below!